Reliable Jack Stands Supplier& Manufacturer in China
- Used in pairs
- Wide feet base to added stability and prevents tipping
- Jack stands base made by thick solid steel and fully welded
- Self-locking ratchet handle
- Meets ASME specifications
All Passca jack stands are constructed from high-grade steel. They are mainly designed with heavy-duty applications in mind.
As a car jack stands manufacturer, we understand problem mechanics face in their day-to-day work. This is why every jack stands comes with unique features. You may opt for a 2 ton, 3 ton, 6 ton, or 12-ton jack stand. Our jack stands will safely support your load as it has a wide rugged base. This makes Passca jack stands a perfect choice for any repair work.
Passca jack stands come with a self-locking mechanism and a strong welded frame to improve durability. Again, every Passca jack stand is tested for safety, quality, and compliance with (ASME) standards.
- These jack stands/axle stands can adjust height quickly
- Passca jack stand has a ductile cast iron ratchet tooth bar which locked with the handle
- Large saddle surface can contact with the load easy
- Wide solid steel welded base to added stability
- Heavy-duty stamped-steel construction provides stability and high strength
JACK STAND – The Ultimate FAQ Guide
What is Jack Stands? Is it essential to have Jack Stands in your car or any type of motor vehicle?
Yes, it is vital to have a Jack Stand in your car. But how it works? What are its unique features? Is Jack Stand’s business growing day by day? How one can get benefit from it.
There are a lot of things that you should know about Jack Stand.
The FAQ below introduces Jack Stand, its style, purpose, working, and advantages.
Continue to read this guide to become thoroughly familiar with Jack Stands.
What are Jack Stands?
Jack Stands are tower-shaped tools that are designed to provide support to vehicles when they are suspended.
It is a tripod-shaped stand with strength and durability enough to support the weight of a vehicle.
The main function of using a jack is to suspend the vehicle high enough off the ground.
If you need to patch something beneath your vehicle, you need to have enough room to move your hands and swing your arms quickly.
A Jack Stand’s primary job is to hold the car suspended while you repair it underneath.
Jack Stand is placed after you jack the vehicle up. It can be used on a hard or rough surface, depending upon the weight of the car.
Jack Stand is positioned under the vehicle frame or axle to provide further support to the suspended vehicle.
Jack Stands usually are sold in pairs with the floor jacks.
For power and economy, the majority of Jack Stands are made of steel. Steel Jack Stands are usually regarded as the most suitable.
However, a few aluminum stands can have some advantages of weight and simple portability over steel Jack Stands.
What are the Different Types of Jack Stands?
There are different types of Jack Stands depending upon material like aluminum or light steel Jack Stand or heavy iron made Jack Stand.
They are also available as Fixed Height Jack Stand that has a fixed height. They are durable and reliable. They provide maximum support to vehicles.
Adjustable Height Jack Stand comes with flexible height features. You can adjust the height according to your preference.
Adjustable height Jack Stands come with three different types of features. It depends upon the material used in its manufacturing and the element which controls its varying height.
They are as follows
- Pin Lock Jack Stand
This Jack Stand has a pyramid-shaped frame with a hole where the pin is placed to adjust the height. The pin is made with hardened steel which is strong enough to hold the weight of the vehicle. It is one of the safest types of Stand Jack.
- Screw Lock Jack Stand
This type of Jack Stand has a screw to adjust the height by screwing or unscrewing it. It is a bit difficult to operate as compared to Pin Lock Jack Stand.
- Ratchet Lock Jack Stand
This type of Jack Stand comes with an automatic system. The ratchet system automatically locks the bar at its position. All you need to do is to pull the bar at the required height. Ratchet Jack Stand is durable and provides maximum support to heavy vehicles.
What is Axle Stands?
Axle Stand is a term used for Jack Stand. It is a particular type of tool that is used to support the car and provide maximum support. It uses a hydraulic system to list the vehicle up.
Axle Stands are made with load-bearing materials like aluminum, steel, and iron with minimum chances of twist or breakage. They are very safe to use.
Axle Stand is used for maintenance purposes. Professional mechanics use it in their garage and repair shops.
Axle Stands are manufactured to provide solid support. Mainly, they are designed to support vehicle axles.
However, they can be positioned under a solid portion of the vehicle base to provide strong support for stable operations.
What are the Features of a Jack Stand?
The key features of Jack Stand are height lifting and weight capacity.
The use of Jack Stand depends upon two things. First, the weight of your vehicle, and second is the maximum height it can achieve.
Jack Stands are available in a wide variety with weight holding capacity ranging from 5 tons to 30 tons. The height capacity ranges up to 30 inches or up to 5 feet.
Jack Stands are made with a material that is both rust and corrosion-resistant. It increases the durability of Jack Stands.
Material is made from solid steel, which is welded firmly into the frame. Rubber coating prevents injury or scratches during usage.
Jack Stands have the tendency to lift heavy vehicles with ease. A pair of Jack Stand can lift the weight of more than 400 pounds.
How Reliable are Jack Stands?
Jack Stands produced nowadays are much better and reliable than they were in the beginning.
With the developing industry and business, manufacturing industries are providing much more reliable Jack Stands.
With the improvement in materials like aluminum and solid steel or iron, durability is increased. You can trust a particular company providing testing and safety regulations for Jack Stands.
Nowadays, Jack Stands also come with a standard Safety Test Certificate.
This makes sure that the material used for jack manufacturing is pure, free from harm, with maximum weight-bearing capacity and durability.
Passca Jack Stands comes with an auto-self-locking system that further increases its durability.
Where should Jack Stands be Placed?
When using Jack Stand, be sure to put them on the points at or on your vehicle’s frame to prevent the Jack Stands from sliding.
Before jacking, first find a flat surface to park your car. The surface where Jack Stand is to be placed must be paved. It must be without any bumps for a proper jacking.
Working in a garage is more suitable and safer.
The best point to place Jack Stand is underneath your vehicle frame. There it provides maximum support and resistance from slipping.
Axle Jack Stands are placed underneath the axle of the vehicle. Do not try to crawl under your car when it is jacked.
How to Use a Jack Stand?
It involves the following steps;
- Find a flat surface to park your car
- Switch on your vehicles parking brake
- Find a suitable area under your vehicle to place the floor jack.
- Rise your vehicle up to a preferred height.
- Now place the Jack Stands under the frame point of your vehicle.
Adjust the height and remove the floor jack.
Are Jack Stands Suitable for All Kinds of Vehicles?
Jack Stands are available for almost all kinds of vehicles. Their application depends upon the height and weight of the cars.
Jack Stands with a weight-bearing capacity of four to twelve tons are available in markets. The choice of Jack Stand depends on the type of vehicle you use.
You can use light Jack Stands with a weight-bearing capacity of 2 tons or more for a small car.
For more heavy vehicles like trucks or buses, heavy iron-made Jack Stands can stand maximum of weight without slipping or breakage.
Hydraulic Jack Stands are also available for heavy trucks. Screw and Pin Jack Stands are most commonly used for all kinds of vehicles, including heavy ones
Which type of a Jack Stand Matches your Vehicle?
The type of Jack Stand for one depends upon the style of the vehicle and its weight. You can use different types of Jack Stands having distinct weight-bearing tendencies.
Jack Stands with 2 tons to 6 tons weight capacity and must be used for your cars and other light-duty vehicles. The 2 to 6 tons Jack Stands are also available as foldable stands which are easy to place and handle.
For heavy-duty trucks and vehicles, Jack Stands with 12 tons capacity are available with heavy-duty steel that provides safety and stability.
With such varying designs and variety, you can go for any type of Jack Stands you desire. It all depends on your choice, type of vehicle, and comfort.
What Are Some Safety Tips One Should Follow While Using a Jack Stand?
When appropriately used, Jacks and Jack Stands are incredibly secure, but there are a few safety tips to follow:
- See the owner’s manual for the lift and vehicle service places that are recommended.
- Remember that vehicles are only lifted off the ground by a jack. To keep it in place, Jack Stands should be used.
- Always use Jack Stands while operating underneath the vehicle. Do not go underneath before jacking.
- Before you jack up a motorcycle, always block the wheels. This prevents it from rolling. Bricks, wheels, or wooden coils work well.
- A Jack and Jack Stand should always be used on a flat surface.
- Before the vehicle is jacked, the car should be parked, and the parking brake is attached.
- Shake the car gently as it’s on the Jack Stands to ensure its lock before going underneath.
Do You Need to Use a Jack Stand with a Hydraulic Jack or Lift?
Hydraulic jacks are helpful in emergencies to lift your car, but it is unsafe to rely on them to suspend the truck for long periods. You’re going to need Jack Stands for this.
They are sufficiently heavy to support the car and to hold it suspended off the ground as you work underneath.
Hydraulic vehicle positioning jack made with heavy-duty steel is preferred chiefly for usage. It uses an advanced heavy-duty and reliable hydraulic lift mechanism.
Jack Stands with hydraulic stands lifts a tire of 9 inches up to 5 inches. Thus you can use them in any car. Available in a wide range of designs.
It also comes with a large pad, which allows you to operate the hydraulic system on foot.
Are Jack Stands Safe to Use?
Yes, it is absolutely safe to Use Jack Stands.
They are indeed the most overloaded and stable tool in the garage.
The primary purpose of the Jack Stand is not to lift the car but to provide support to the lifted car. They are vital fixed safe support for it.
The use of Jack Stands minimizes the effort of workers. All they have to do is place the Jack Stands underneath the car and start doing their work.
It is essential to follow all the guidelines before using Jack Stands. It is safe enough to use 4 Jack Stands for a car. It makes the car stable during lifting.
How many Jack Stands do you need?
It is essential to lift your car with quality Jack Stands. If you want to lift one end of the car, then two Jack Stands are enough to support it.
It is better to use four Jack Stands for support to lift your car. It will provide support as well as stability to the vehicle.
For light-duty vehicles, two smart two tons Jack Stands are enough for maximum support.
The use of four Jack Stands is very safe for workers and car stability, especially in heavy-duty vehicles.
For changing oil, fluid transmission services, and other tire services, it is compulsory to use four Jack Stands for better stability and services.
How High Do You Need to Jack Up a Car?
Before jacking up your car, keep in mind the following things;
- Always use the jack to keep the vehicle off the ground.
- Use Jack Stands when you are working underneath the car.
Permanently block the wheel of your car before jacking.
Now use a Floor Jack or Bottle jack to lift the car up. You can jack your car up to 2 to 3 feet’s using these jacks.
Passca lifting Jacks has a maximum lifting height between 15 to 20 inches with just 3 to 6 strokes. These are the fastest and safest lifting jacks in the market.
After jacking, place the Jack Stands underneath your car for further services.
What are the Advantages of Jack Stands?
The following are the advantages of Jack Stands;
- Jack Stands are specifically designed to support the weight of your vehicle.
- Jack Stands are easy to move from one place to another due to their portability.
- They are made with rigid, durable materials like aluminum, light steel, and iron.
- Ratchet-type Jack Stands are easily adjustable. The height is adjusted automatically by just pulling the support bar.
- Jack Stands are helpful in the fine adjustment of vehicles.
- Jack Stands with the pin are indestructible. They are preferred explicitly for heavy vehicles.
- Hydraulic Jack Stands with hydraulic seal remove the leakage of oil. Thereby extending the life span of the stand.
- Jack Stands come with the proof pressure testing and static friction testing passed certificates.
- Jack Stands provided by Passca are corrosion and rust-free.
- Jack Stands have a weight-bearing capacity of about 20 tons. They are best for all types of vehicles.
If you are a car owner and want to ease its repairing in your own garage, you must have this Passca Jack Stands. Its durability and perfectness will reduce your work
How to Choose a Suitable Jack Stand?
The choice of Jack Stand depends upon the weight of your vehicle and the maximum height you want to achieve. You can choose the suitable Jack Stand according to your vehicle criteria.
The Jack Stand with 2 to 6 tons weight-bearing capacity is preferred for a small duty car. It will support your vehicle with stability. The maximum height it can achieve is about 4 feet, making you work quickly and easily underneath your car.
You can go for a Jack Stand with 20 tons of weight-bearing capacity for the heavy-duty vehicle. Its strength and rigidity to bear weight will provide safety and ease to your work.
Simply the choice of your Jack Stand depends on the type of your car. Passca has a variety of Jack Stands for all kinds of vehicles.
Is it Safe to Leave Your Car on One Jack Stand?
No, it is not safe to leave your car on one Jack Stand for a very long time.
If you are using four Jack Stands, then it is safe to leave your car on it. As it will balance and stabilize the vehicle.
You can leave your car on Jack Stands, provided that the surface is smooth and flat. You can leave it for a short period until the repair is done.
Most of the time, it is not recommended to leave your car on Jack Stands for a very long time.
Are Jack Stands Durable?
Yes, Jack Stands are durable as they are made with high-graded steel.
They are perfectly designed with heavy-duty steel. Heavy-duty steel provides maximum durability and stability to your car.
To eliminate the troubles that mechanics face during repair, Jack Stand comes with high-standard testing certificates. These certificates are provided after complete testing.
Jack Stands provided by Passca adjust the height quickly and contact with load easily. Metallic powder coating enhances their durability.
For your easiness, they come in a variety of designs. You can choose them according to your vehicle choice.
What are the Safety Criteria for Jack Stands?
Every Jack Stands comes with ASME certification after passing strict quality testing and verification procedure.
Hydraulic pump efficiency test is performed to ensure the maximum durability of the product. Analyzing hydraulic Jack Stands involves several laboratory testings to ensure that they are free from oil leakage.
Jack Stand base is made with solid steel and welded fully. So, high pressure does not lead to breakage or slipping. Technicians should note that jacks are built for lifting vehicles while Jack Stands carry their weight.
Heavy-duty steel Jack Stands provide strength, stability, and safety. They are perfect for ensuring the safety of workers.
The tragic incidents due to the failure of Jack Stands are deficient in number. Most of the incidence involves the failure of jacks, not Jack Stands.
When a jack is used correctly, and Jack Stand carries the weight equally, incidents are reduced
How Much Does a Jack Stand Cost?
The cost of Jack Stands varies with its type and weight-bearing capacity. You can buy a standard Jack Stand with maximum efficiency at a low price.
The market price of 2 tons to 20 tons weight-bearing Jack Stand ranges from 20 $ to 200 $. It is the highest price that company offers for a pair of Jack Stand.
Passca, with its expert quality and manufacturing experience, offers a guarantee of exchange in case of damage to Jack Stands.
How to search for a manufacturer for your order of Jack Stand?
Search for a manufacturer is a crucial effort. You have to concentrate both on the production pace and on the manufacturer’s experience.
Production rate and positive customer response are necessary to consider.
Another crucial fact to be focused on is that the retailer complies with and has adequate test procedures for the safety requirements provided by recognized organizations.
You also need to have a chat with multiple suppliers and figure out what is their policy and customer service.
Passca is a leading manufacturer of garage equipment and tools. Passca comes with a complete range of jacks, cranes, presses, stands, and motorcycle lifts, with a low profile and quick-lift technology.
Passca provides different types of Jack Stands that are used to support the weight of a lifted vehicle.
Why should you buy your Jack Stands from Passca?
Passca has been manufacturing high-quality garage equipment & tools for over ten years with a focus on automotive repair and maintenance.
Passca is well known for its floor jacks and Jack Stands, and these Jack Stands are available with 2-, 3- and 6-ton capacities.
We believe the 3-ton capacity set should be sufficient for most vehicle owners, but if you own something heavier, a 6-ton capacity set is also available.
Passca ensures the quality of Jack Stands by carrying out quality control throughout production processes. Jack Stands by Passca meets the safety standards.
Passca Jack Stands are tested for quality and safety with ASME standards. They come with a self-locking mechanism to improve durability.
Passca’s experts are at your service 24/7. You can reach out to us through our website by clicking here.
You can also contact us through our socials:
Our experts will love to hear from you.
What are the Best Jack Stands?
Jack stands come in different sizes but the working mechanism is the same. Some of the jack stands around include:
- Stand material: jack stands are categorized by the material they are made from.
Lightweight jack stands are usually made from aluminum or steel while heavyweight jack stands are made from cast iron.
- Fixed height: another categorization of jack stands is their fixed height. These types of jack stands have a fixed height that can’t be adjusted.
- Adjustable height: these are jack stands with an adjustable height depending on the height you want. Tripod jack stands tend to have an adjustable height.
What is the Maximum Weight Jack Stand can Hold?
Different jack stands hold different weight capacities.
The weight they can hold depends on the size of the jack stand and the material used to make the jack stand.
Lightweight jack stands made from aluminum or steel have a lower weight capacity than heavy-duty jack stands made from heavy-duty cast iron.
The minimum, weight capacity is about 2 tons to a maximum capacity of 12 tons.
What are the Components of Jack Stand?
Figure 2 Parts of jack stands
The components of jack stands vary depending on the working mechanisms of the jack stand.
Jack stands with a tripod or a fixed height that has different components from the ones with an adjustable height.
Some of the components of jack stands include:
- Ratcheting height adjustments to assist in adjusting the height of the jack stand.
- Safety pin: this is used in holding the ratchet in place so that it doesn’t slide back in.
- Tripod stand: most of the jack stands have a tripod stand for stability when the jack stand is holding a vehicle in position.
- Double locking jack stands are also available for safety purposes but tend to be a little more expensive.
- Flat rubber support: some jack stands have flat rubber support which is essential in supporting and holding the vehicle in place.
- Hydraulic lift mechanism: some jack stands use a hydraulic lift mechanism in adjusting the height.
- Support post: this is the frame that supports the weight of the vehicle and has to be strong. The support frames are usually made from steel or cast iron for strength purposes and have weight limits.
- Locking the handle for locking the support post in place.
What is the Lifting Mechanism for Jack Stand?
Some of the different lift mechanisms of jack stands include:
- Ratchet lifting mechanism with a support post/ratchet bar held in place by ratchet pawl. The locking handle is used to lock the ratchet in place to avoid the ratchet bar from sliding back.
- Pin type of lifting mechanism. The support post has pinholes and works by inserting a safety pin in the pinholes to hold the post in the desired height. Pin type jack stands usually have a round base frame.
- Hydraulic lift mechanisms. These type of lift mechanisms uses hydraulic lift power in lifting the support post to the required height.
What are the Safety Standards for Jack Standards?
Safety standards for jack stands include:
- Before you start using jack stands, you should first consult the owner’s manual and make sure you understand how the jack stand works.
- Inspect the jack stand for wear, tear, cracks, or any leakages before you start using it.
- Inspect your work area and ensure that the ground in which the jack stand will be placed is even and strong enough.
- Ensure the vehicle is lifted off the ground using a jack and use the jack stand for holding the vehicle but not in lifting it,
- Always ensure you use a jack stands when working underneath a vehicle but not using jacks for the same purpose.
- Block the will of the vehicles when using a jack stand to avoid the vehicle from rolling over when it is lifted. You can use bricks, wheel chocks, or wood to stop the wheels.
- Always use jack stands on level surfaces.
- After fixing the jack stands in place, you should rock the vehicle gently to ensure it is steady and secured safely before starting working underneath it.
- Store your jacks safely in a dry area to avoid corrosion.
- Always maintain and service your jack stands according to the manufacturer’s manual.
What are the different types of Jack Stands?
Some of the different types of jack stands are:
- Hydraulic jack stands: these use a hydraulic lift mechanism in adjusting the height of the jack stand.
- Ratchet jack stands: these types of jack stands use ratchet mechanisms in adjusting height levels.
- Pin type jack stands: they use pins and the support post has pinholes at different levels where the pin is inserted to hold the support post in the desired height.
- Screw jack stands: these types of jack stands have a screw-like support post. The height of the jack stand is adjusted by screwing it clockwise or anti-clockwise.
How does Pin Type Jack Stand compare to Ratchet Type Jack Stands?
Figure 3 Jack stands
· Pin Type Jack Stands
Pin type of jack stand has a support post with pinholes at different levels.
It works by inserting a pin to hold the support post at the required level.
Some pin type jack stands have double pins for added security and usually have a flat round base. Pin type jack stands are easy to use and secure.
· Ratchet Type Jack Stands
Ratchet type jack stands have a support post with ratchets, the support post is also known as ratchet bar.
The ratchet pawl controls the downwards and upward movements of the ratchet bar and is used in adjusting the height of the ratchet bar.
Ratchet type jack stands also have a locking handle to lock the ratchet in place and avoid the ratchet bar from sliding back.
Most of the ratchet jack stands have a tripod or four-legged base.
How do you Refill Hydraulic Fluid in Hydraulic Jack Stands?
The Hydraulic cylinder is a key component of a hydraulic jack stand.
It works by transforming the motion of the lifting lever into fluid pressure.
The fluid is mainly hydraulic oil and when the oil is low or contaminated, the hoist movement may be affected.
Figure 4 Hydraulic jack stand
The following easy steps should be followed in changing or refilling the hydraulic cylinder:
- Place a rag or old newspapers beneath the cylinder to catch any overflowing hydraulic oil.
- Remove the fill plug out of its hole in the cylinder and put it in a clean safe place.
- Drain the hydraulic fluid and dispose of it safely following the manufacturers’ disposal manual.
- Fill new and clean hydraulic oil in a clean can to refill the hydraulic cylinder.
- Fill the hydraulic cylinder to the bream and let the hydraulic oil overflow and settle.
- Raise the hoist to its maximum height, open the cylinder release valve, and put the hoist back to its lowest position. This will release the excess air from the cylinder.
- Double-check the oil level and add more if necessary. When filled, reinsert the oil fill plug.
What is the difference between Floor Jack and Stand Jack?
The difference between a floor jack and a stand jack is whereas the floor jack is used to lift a vehicle off the ground, a stand jack is used to hold the lifted vehicle off the ground.
Floor jacks and jack stands work hand in hand.
It is also important to note that holding a vehicle using a floor jack is dangerous.
How do you Service Stand Jack?
When servicing jack stands, it is important to follow the manufacturer’s manual in servicing them.
Hydraulic jack stands need the hydraulic oil to be changed and refilled as demanded.
Ensure servicing occurs after every use and also store the jack stands following the manufacture’s manual.
Do you need to Assemble Jack Stand before use?
No, most of the jack stands in the market come fully assembled from the manufacturer.
Which Material is Jack Stand made of?
Jack stands are made from steel, aluminum, or cast iron. The material used varies depending on the weight the jack stand is supposed to hold.
How do you Test the Quality of Jack Stands?
You should test the quality of a jack stand by:
- Checking that the support post is firm, not corroded, and free of any cracks.
- Check that parts requiring oiling are oiled.
- Check the hydraulic cylinder for leakages and ensure the hydraulic oil is filled and clean.
- For pin-type jack stands, ensure the pin is not cracked and the pinholes are clean and free of debris.
- Ensure the base is even and not damaged.
What are the Quality Standards for Jack Stands?
Quality standards to be put in mind when sourcing for jack stands to include:
- Material: jack standards should be made from a material that suits the user’s needs are galvanized steel, aluminum, or cast iron.
- Height: jack stands must be able to fit under the vehicle and be tall enough to raise the vehicle to the required height.
- Locking mechanism: always pay attention to the locking mechanism when buying jack stands. The three common locking mechanisms are:
- Pin lock: it uses a pin to lock the jack stand. The pin is usually made of steel or iron depending on the material of the jack stand.
- Ratchet lock: this mechanism is made up of a gearwheel with pivoting spring-loaded pawl which when pushed locks the ratchet securely in position.
- Screw: this locking mechanism entails locking using a screw to secure the vehicle.
- Feet/ base: Jack stands should have a wide base or a nice solid foot to ensure that they are stable even when in use. The best base ensures that the weight of the vehicle is distributed evenly.
What determined Jack Stand Prices?
Jack stand prices are determined by several factors which include:
- Lift height: different jack stands have different maximum heights they can be extended to and this will call for different price rates.
- Material: the material used to make the jack stands will determine the selling price. For example, jacks made from aluminum are lighter in weight and will have a different price from those made of steel which is quite heavy and can be awkward to lift and carry.
What are the uses of Jack Stands?
The uses of jack stands include:
- Jack stands are purpose-built to hold static loads during routine maintenance or repair.
- Jack stands have stand support which stabilizes the vehicle during unloading and loading.
- Jack stands have a semitrailer support housing which can either be a foot-mounted castor the housings can be cubic, and this offers more flexibility in mounting.
What are the Features of Screw Jack Stands?
A screw jack stand refers to a jack that is operated by turning a lead screw.
Features of the screw jack stand to include:
- Screw jack stands have housings that can either be a foot-mounted castor or the housings can be cubic and this offers more flexibility in mounting.
- Usage: screw jack stands can be used individually, motorized, manually operated, or in systems where up to eight screws or more are all driven in unison by a gear motor.
- Screw jack stands are available in several variations such as travel distance, ratio, and shaft configuration, end of screw options, motor flange options, and protective bellows.