Reliable Jack Stands Manufacturer in China
- Used in pairs
- Wide feet base to added stability and prevents tipping
- Jack stands base made by thick solid steel and fully welded
- Self-locking ratchet handle
- Meets ASME specifications
All Passca jack stands are constructed from high-grade steel. They are mainly designed with heavy-duty applications in mind. As a car jack stands manufacturer, we understand problem mechanics face in their day-to-day work. This is why every jack stands comes with unique features. You may opt for a 2 ton, 3 ton, 6 ton, or 12-ton jack stand. Our jack stands will safely support your load as it has a wide rugged base. This makes Passca jack stands a perfect choice for any repair work. Passca jack stands come with a self-locking mechanism and a strong welded frame to improve durability. Again, every Passca jack stand is tested for safety, quality, and compliance with (ASME) standards.
- These jack stands/axle stands can adjust height quickly
- Passca jack stand has a ductile cast iron ratchet tooth bar which locked with the handle
- Large saddle surface can contact with the load easy
- Wide solid steel welded base to added stability
- Heavy-duty stamped-steel construction provides stability and high strength
Passca: Jack Stands
Constructed with industrial-grade of the solid steel frame, Passca jack stands(axle stands) used to support the vehicles after jacking up by a trolley jack/floor jack .we recommend you to use in pairs .our jack stands has powder coating finish, which makes the jack stands looks glossy and of course more durable than paint, the jack stands comes wide base and with ductile iron ratchet tooth bar, the ratchet booth bar with larger saddle can contact with load more easily
Jack Stands: The Ultimate FAQ Guide
This guide covers all the fundamental aspects of jack stands such as the lifting mechanism, uses, features, safety standards, and hydraulic refilling process, among other aspects.So, before you import jack stands, read this guide first.It will help you choose the best jack stands.
What is Jack Stands?
Jack stands are tools used in supporting a grounded vehicle.
After a vehicle is jacked, the jack stands are used to support or hold the vehicle in position.
Figure 1 Jack stand
What are the Best Jack Stands?
Jack stands come in different sizes but the working mechanism is the same. Some of the jack stands around include:
- Stand material: jack stands are categorized by the material they are made from.
Lightweight jack stands are usually made from aluminum or steel while heavyweight jack stands are made from cast iron.
- Fixed height: another categorization of jack stands is their fixed height. These types of jack stands have a fixed height that can’t be adjusted.
- Adjustable height: these are jack stands with an adjustable height depending on the height you want. Tripod jack stands tend to have an adjustable height.
What is the Maximum Weight Jack Stand can Hold?
Different jack stands hold different weight capacities.
The weight they can hold depends on the size of the jack stand and the material used to make the jack stand.
Lightweight jack stands made from aluminum or steel have a lower weight capacity than heavy-duty jack stands made from heavy-duty cast iron.
The minimum, weight capacity is about 2 tons to a maximum capacity of 12 tons.
What are the Components of Jack Stand?
Figure 2 Parts of jack stands
The components of jack stands vary depending on the working mechanisms of the jack stand.
Jack stands with a tripod or a fixed height that has different components from the ones with an adjustable height.
Some of the components of jack stands include:
- Ratcheting height adjustments to assist in adjusting the height of the jack stand.
- Safety pin: this is used in holding the ratchet in place so that it doesn’t slide back in.
- Tripod stand: most of the jack stands have a tripod stand for stability when the jack stand is holding a vehicle in position.
- Double locking jack stands are also available for safety purposes but tend to be a little more expensive.
- Flat rubber support: some jack stands have flat rubber support which is essential in supporting and holding the vehicle in place.
- Hydraulic lift mechanism: some jack stands use a hydraulic lift mechanism in adjusting the height.
- Support post: this is the frame that supports the weight of the vehicle and has to be strong. The support frames are usually made from steel or cast iron for strength purposes and have weight limits.
- Locking the handle for locking the support post in place.
What is the Lifting Mechanism for Jack Stand?
Some of the different lift mechanisms of jack stands include:
- Ratchet lifting mechanism with a support post/ratchet bar held in place by ratchet pawl. The locking handle is used to lock the ratchet in place to avoid the ratchet bar from sliding back.
- Pin type of lifting mechanism. The support post has pinholes and works by inserting a safety pin in the pinholes to hold the post in the desired height. Pin type jack stands usually have a round base frame.
- Hydraulic lift mechanisms. These type of lift mechanisms uses hydraulic lift power in lifting the support post to the required height.
What are the Safety Standards for Jack Standards?
Safety standards for jack stands include:
- Before you start using jack stands, you should first consult the owner’s manual and make sure you understand how the jack stand works.
- Inspect the jack stand for wear, tear, cracks, or any leakages before you start using it.
- Inspect your work area and ensure that the ground in which the jack stand will be placed on is even and strong enough.
- Ensure the vehicle is lifted off the ground using a jack and use the jack stand for holding the vehicle but not in lifting it,
- Always ensure you use a jack stands when working underneath a vehicle but not using jacks for the same purpose.
- Block the will of the vehicles when using a jack stand to avoid the vehicle from rolling over when it is lifted. You can use bricks, wheel chocks, or wood to stop the wheels.
- Always use jack stands on level surfaces.
- After fixing the jack stands in place, you should rock the vehicle gently to ensure it is steady and secured safely before starting working underneath it.
- Store your jacks safely in a dry area to avoid corrosion.
- Always maintain and service your jack stands according to the manufacturer’s manual.
What are the different types of Jack Stands?
Some of the different types of jack stands are:
- Hydraulic jack stands: these use a hydraulic lift mechanism in adjusting the height of the jack stand.
- Ratchet jack stands: these types of jack stands use a ratchet mechanisms in adjusting height levels.
- Pin type jack stands: they use pins and the support post has pinholes at different levels where the pin is inserted to hold the support post in the desired height.
- Screw jack stands: these types of jack stands have a screw-like support post. The height of the jack stand is adjusted by screwing it clockwise or anti-clockwise.
How does Pin Type Jack Stand compare to Ratchet Type Jack Stands?
Figure 3 Jack stands
· Pin Type Jack Stands
Pin type of jack stand has a support post with pinholes at different levels.
It works by inserting a pin to hold the support post at the required level.
Some pin type jack stands have double pins for added security and usually have a flat round base. Pin type jack stands are easy to use and secure.
· Ratchet Type Jack Stands
Ratchet type jack stands have a support post with ratchets, the support post is also known as ratchet bar.
The ratchet pawl controls the downwards and upward movements of the ratchet bar and is used in adjusting the height of the ratchet bar.
Ratchet type jack stands also have a locking handle to lock the ratchet in place and avoid the ratchet bar from sliding back.
Most of the ratchet jack stands have a tripod or four-legged base.
How do you Refill Hydraulic Fluid in Hydraulic Jack Stands?
The Hydraulic cylinder is a key component of a hydraulic jack stand.
It works by transforming the motion of the lifting lever into fluid pressure.
The fluid is mainly hydraulic oil and when the oil is low or contaminated, the hoist movement may be affected.
Figure 4 Hydraulic jack stand
The following easy steps should be followed in changing or refilling the hydraulic cylinder:
- Place a rag or old newspapers beneath the cylinder to catch any overflowing hydraulic oil.
- Remove the fill plug out of its hole in the cylinder and put it in a clean safe place.
- Drain the hydraulic fluid and dispose of it safely following the manufacturers’ disposal manual.
- Fill new and clean hydraulic oil in a clean can to refill the hydraulic cylinder.
- Fill the hydraulic cylinder to the bream and let the hydraulic oil overflow and settle.
- Raise the hoist to its maximum height, open the cylinder release valve, and put the hoist back to its lowest position. This will release the excess air from the cylinder.
- Double-check the oil level and add more if necessary. When filled, reinsert the oil fill plug.
What is the difference between Floor Jack and Stand Jack?
The difference between a floor jack and a stand jack is whereas the floor jack is used to lift a vehicle off the ground, a stand jack is used to hold the lifted vehicle off the ground.
Floor jacks and jack stands work hand in hand.
It is also important to note that holding a vehicle using a floor jack is dangerous.
How do you Service Stand Jack?
When servicing jack stands, it is important to follow the manufacturer’s manual in servicing them.
Hydraulic jack stands need the hydraulic oil to be changed and refilled as demanded.
Ensure servicing occurs after every use and also store the jack stands following the manufacture’s manual.
Do you need to Assemble Jack Stand before use?
No, most of the jack stands in the market come fully assembled from the manufacturer.
Which Material is Jack Stand made of?
Jack stands are made from steel, aluminum, or cast iron. The material used varies depending on the weight the jack stand is supposed to hold.
How do you Test the Quality of Jack Stands?
You should test the quality of a jack stand by:
- Checking that the support post is firm, not corroded, and free of any cracks.
- Check that parts requiring oiling are oiled.
- Check the hydraulic cylinder for leakages and ensure the hydraulic oil is filled and clean.
- For pin type jack stands, ensure the pin is not cracked and the pinholes are clean and free of debris.
- Ensure the base is even and not damaged.
What are the Quality Standards for Jack Stands?
Quality standards to be put in mind when sourcing for jack stands to include:
- Material: jack standards should be made from a material that suits the user’s needs that are galvanized steel, aluminum, or cast iron.
- Height: jack stands must be able to fit under the vehicle and be tall enough to raise the vehicle to the required height.
- Locking mechanism: always pay attention to the locking mechanism when buying jack stands. The three common locking mechanism are:
- Pin lock: it uses a pin to lock the jack stand. The pin is usually made of steel or iron depending on the material of the jack stand.
- Ratchet lock: this mechanism is made up of a gearwheel with pivoting spring-loaded pawl which when pushed locks the ratchet securely in position.
- Screw: this locking mechanism entails locking using a screw to secure the vehicle.
- Feet/ base: Jack stands should have a wide base or a nice solid foot to ensure that they are stable even when in use. The best base ensures that the weight of the vehicle is distributed evenly.
What determined Jack Stand Prices?
Jack stand prices are determined by several factors which include:
- Lift height: different jack stands have different maximum height they can be extended to and this will call for different price rates.
- Material: the material used to make the jack stands will determine the selling price. For example, jacks made from aluminum are lighter in weight and will have a different price from those made of steel which is quite heavy and can be awkward to lift and carry.
What are the uses of Jack Stands?
The uses of jack stands include:
- Jack stands are purpose-built to hold static loads during routine maintenance or repair.
- Jack stands have stand support which stabilizes the vehicle during unloading and loading.
- Jack stands have a semitrailer support housing which can either be a foot-mounted castor the housings can be cubic, and this offers more flexibility in mounting.
What are the Features of Screw Jack Stands?
A screw jack stand refers to a jack that is operated by turning a lead screw.
Features of screw jack stand to include:
- Screw jack stands have housings that can either be a foot-mounted castor the housings can be cubic and this offers more flexibility in mounting.
- Usage: screw jack stands can be used individually, motorized, manually operated, or in systems where up to eight screws or more are all driven in unison by a gear motor.
- Screw jack stands are available in several variations such as travel distance, ratio, and shaft configuration, end of screw options, motor flange options, and protective bellows.
Contact us today for all your jack stand needs.